A Goldfish Who Swallowed a Pebble and Couldn’t Breathe Was Saved!!!

source: couriermail.com.au
Here is a photo of “Emma Matthew” who owns a pet goldfish who one day had to take drastic measures when she discovered her goldfish was having tremendous difficulty breathing so she rushed over to a veterinarian with her ailing fish!

Emergency Surgery for Emma’s Goldfish.

Many people may think it is strange that an owner would seek treatment of her goldfish at a hospital but for Emma, this goldfish was part of her family and she wanted to do everything possible to save the life of a family member!

▼ Her goldfish was clearly in a lot of discomfort and was in a potentially life threatening state!
source: dailymail.co.uk

▼ Removing the pebble with medical tweezers.
source: dailymail.co.uk

▼ A successful outcome! The goldfish was saved!
source: dailymail.co.uk

▼ The size of the pebble taken from the mouth of the stricken goldfish was approximately 9 millimeters (mm) in size or about one fifth of the goldfish’s body!
source: dailymail.co.uk
Normally goldfish are able to spit out pebbles but this particular pebble was bigger than normal and also had an unusual shape which lodged deeply in the fish’s mouth.

▼ It seems that after surgery, the goldfish was able to recover quickly and is now back to normal.
source: dailymail.co.uk

It seems that anesthesia was also needed for this procedure so the total cost to save Emma’s goldfish amounted to almost $500.00! This seems like an excessive sum to save the life of a pet goldfish but Emma believed that the cost more than justified saving the life of her special pet!

source: .dailymail.co.uk / couriermail.com.au