Dog owners must always be aware of providing their pets with a healthy food choices and balanced nutrition at home while being careful of avoiding these potentially harmful foods which could lead to serious health issues.
Here are 10 foods that people should avoid feeding their dogs under any circumstances along with a descriptions of why these foods could cause some serious health problems for your pet.
This popular food is toxic for most animals including dogs. Eating avocados can cause severe abdominal pai as well as diarrhea and vomiting.
Grapes or raisins can cause acute kidney (renal) failure if eaten by dogs.
8. Coffee and Tea (Caffeine Drinks).
Ingesting caffeine may affect the dog’s central nervous and heart. Also, it often leads to vomiting and other serious symptoms that could cause the death of your pet.
7. Macadamia Nuts.
Macademia Nuts contain a toxin that inhibits bowel movements along with severe muscle pain and swelling if eaten by a dog.
6. Dairy Products.
Dogs are very sensitive to lactose (an ingredient in all dairy products) so ingesting a small amount of milk or yogurt would result in a 50% chance your pet may experience severe diarrhea and abdominal pain.
5. Onions and Garlic.
Onions contain the component di-sulfide and Garlic contains the component called sulfoxide and these can destroy health red blood cells and lead to anemia if consumed by your dog. Medical treatment for your animal should be considered if your pet is lethargic for 3-4 continuous days.
4. Raw Meat, Fish and Fresh Eggs.
Raw meat, raw fish and raw eggs contains different types of bacteria that could cause food poisoning if ingested by your pet dog. Also certain types of fish may contain parasites which are harmful to dogs. Medical treatment could become necessary if your pet continues to experience severe abdominal pain for two weeks.
Dogs should never be given alcohol as it causes vomiting, diarrhea, deterioration of the central nervous system (CNS) and in the most severe cases leads to a coma and death.
2. Xylitol Products.
This chemical sweetener is quite toxic for dogs and can cause seizures, low blood sugar, liver failure and possibly death if ingested.
Chocolate is quite dangerous if eaten by dogs as it contains the chemical called “theobromine” which may lead to severe illness and possibly death. Your dog should be taken immediately to a veterinarian if you think that it has injested chocolate.
What did you think?
It is important that dog owners are careful in monitoring the types of foods that their pet dogs eat every day. The above foods could cause real problems so please ensure that your dog eats the proper foods every day.